Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Losing Steam

I started this in June. Don't ask me why I thought this would be a quick little project. For some reason I thought this would be a two, three day deal. Tops. 
Which is probably why I started it in the first place.
I hate sewing.
But I didn't want to just throw out every college t-shirt I've accumulated over the last four years. They're sort of fun. And full of memories. And the colors look good together.
So, in the spirit of why not, I decided to make a t-shirt quilt.
Probably I should have stopped when I pulled my mom's sewing machine out of the closet.
I cut up almost every Houghton t-shirt I've ever owned and sewed a couple together before I lost interest and put it all in a drawer. I found the pieces last week and decided that since I started this silly project, I should pay the price and finish it.


I finally finished putting all the squares together a couple nights ago. The corners are a little messy and there's no back yet, but it's getting there! This will teach me to start something I know I'll never have the motivation to finish :) I'm a little proud of it, though. And will never make a quilt again.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it looks AWESOME. Anyway, projects are supposed to take a super long time. I'd say that less than 1/2 a year is a very good time frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)

    never say never, dear. you might be addicted to the finished project!

    ReplyDelete