This is why I love the fall.
Especially fall days like today.
It's seventy-five degrees out and sunny.
It smells like spring, summer, and fall all mixed into one.
I'm wearing shorts, flip-flops, and a sweatshirt. In October.
What's not to love?
And here are those acorns I promised to show you all a million years ago (or a week ago).
Nate and I searched Chestnut Ridge for forever to find these. Apparently acorn season comes a little earlier than we thought... They're a little cracked and the tops of some are decaying, but it was such an easy, fun little craft! Imagine if you had an entire jar full of painted acorns - so cute for a fall decoration! That's the goal for next fall. Find normal acorns, at the normal time for acorns, get a million and two, paint them, and stick them in the tall candle glass I got at a wedding.


I like the colors you chose for the acorns. It's too bad about the acorn hunt, though :)
ReplyDeleteoh let me know next year if you want any acorns! we are always BURIED in them! Fun project though! I love how they look :-)
ReplyDelete