How is it possible that no matter how much free time I have on my hands, I never seem to get half of what I want done? Last week I got sucked into The Mysterious Benedict Society for a couple days and didn't work on anything else until it was finished. I just got sucked right in. I love children's books, and this one was fantastic. Such a good story. Definitely one I'll stick on my classroom shelf someday.
Last week my dear, dear sister turned 19 and so I decided to try out card making - something I've been wanting to try for ages but never could justify buying special cards for. But! The cards were on sale so I snatched them and gave it a shot.
Not my best work, but for a first shot at card making I'm pretty happy. Michael helped decorate the inside. I told him to draw a picture and... well when you ask 16 year old boy to draw a picture, this is apparently what you get:
Then tomorrow is Alyssa's birthday! We've been friends since preschool - how long ago that was! What - sixteen, seventeen years now? So I spent a lot of yesterday making her a card and today making a shadow box (with Michael's help, since I definitely don't know how to use all those saws in the basement). Hopefully it doesn't smell like wood stain for too long. I'm definitely happy with the result, especially since I've never tried making a shadow box before. And tonight a couple old, dear friends and I are throwing her a mini party... the last time the four of us were all together in the same place was over two and a half years ago. I just can't wait!
Happy birthday Alyssa!!!
Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment