Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

"Come away, Come away!"

She asked where he lived.
"Second to the right," said Peter, "and then straight on till morning."
"What a funny address!"
Peter had a sinking. For the first time he felt that perhaps it was a funny address.
"No, it isn't," he said.
There is something so magical about children's books. I've read several different books this summer, and while I love A Tale of Two Cities, Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights, there's something to be said for how fun children's books are. The one I'm reading right now has danger and adventure and mermaids and pirates... it's terribly exciting. And it begins with one of my favorite lines in all of literature:
"All children, except one, grow up."

If you hadn't already guessed, I'm reading Peter Pan. I love it a million times more than the Disney version. There's so much more adventure and danger in the book. Pirates die, Peter Pan almost drowns, Tinker Bell has a sailor's mouth, Wendy is shot by an arrow... it's a wild story.

But aside from the progress I'm making down my reading list this summer, here's what I've been up to:

 Paper Orb Making!

While we were bored on weekends waiting for something exciting to happen, Bethany taught me how to make these cute paper globes! I think they'll make awesome dorm decorations. And if you're interested in giving it a shot, you can find the free pattern here

Scrapbooking!


And more dorm decorations :)


The end.
   "I wasn't crying about mothers," he said rather indignantly. "I was crying because I can't get my shadow to stick on. Besides, I wasn't crying." 
    "It has come off?"
    "Yes."
    Then Wendy saw the shadow on the floor, looking so draggled, and she was frightfully sorry for Peter. "How awful", she said, but she could not help smiling when she saw that he had been trying to stick it on with soap. How exactly like a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment