Real life Hogwarts?! Amazing. I loved it to pieces.
Wednesday, after getting a tour of Carnegie Mellon, we went to the Carnegie Science Museum. Highlight of the day? Riding the virtual roller coaster!
There's Liz and me:) So much fun! After the museum we ran back over to Carnegie to get changed and ready for our evening out at a Mexican restaurant where we all ate some delicious food. I just love getting dressed up for dinner! Mom picked up a dress for me a couple weeks ago and I drove home to snag it before we left for Pittsburgh. Ugh, dressing up is so much fun! Here are some of the wonderful people I get to work with this summer! I just love them all.
Thursday we did so much I can't possibly squeeze in into a blog post without writing a book. In the morning we went to the National Aviary to check out some birds (including penguins and a couple owls!!!), then visited the Strip District for lunch. We split into small groups to walk around the Strip District, and my group went over to Pamela's P&G Diner. Cutest place ever. Definitely looks like a 50s diner inside and if I ever go back to Pittsburgh... I'm going to eat there again. Adorable. And Obama ate there. Fun fact of the day. After the Strip District we drove over to the Mattress Factory. Weirdest art museum ever. I can't even describe it. Maybe if I understood art better it would have seemed less strange to me. Definitely a different sort of place. Then for dinner we visited the Station Square, which I believe is an old railway station turned into a sort of mall? My group ate at Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant. Such a snazzy place. Loved it. The food was delicioussss. After dinner we took one of the incline trolleys up the side of a hill to check out the view and eat some ice cream:) And, of course, to take some awesome pictures.
Pamela's :)
Buca di Beppo's
All of the Pittsburgh staff :) :)
And... Pittsburgh
Such a good week.
love it! glad you had a good time. i'm kinda thinkin' nerd camp rocks :-)
ReplyDelete